2 replies to this topic

#1 kevinon

kevinon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:16 PM

Hopefully Dr G near the airport weathered the storm. A friend who lives in Ft Worth sent me this: "Are you okay, Doug? I'm hearing news of twisters in the Dallas/ Fort Worth area. Yup, I was texting Michael during all of it. I was in a building in Arlington that actually got hit by a twister. We were standing at a window looking at Jerry's World (also known as Cowboys Stadium) as we knew that the storm was on that path. It was very still then started raining hard. The wind then picked up. I noticed that the wind was blowing the rain hard towards the west. Suddenly, the wind started blowing hard towards the north. Meanwhile, the oncoming clouds started swirling. We saw a bunch of debris by the window. I then noticed that the window was touching me. It had bowed in. We immediately got out of there and entered the stairwell. We could hear the train sound that is always mentioned, and our ears began popping. In the building itself, smoke began to fill the stairwell, and it smelled like electrical smoke. We then heard people yelling for first aid kits. We couldn't get back onto the floors we had come from and couldn't get down to the lobby for some time. We were finally able to get down to the lobby. The lobby was pretty much demolished with glass and ceiling stuff all over the place. Several people had been cut up by flying glass as they didn't have time to seek shelter in the building. We then went outside. Most of the people had parked on the north side of the building. There were trees down and broken windows all over the place. I had parked on the south side and my car was okay. Others were not as fortunate as they had trees on their cars. It was interesting to see a car with broken windows, the cars next to it just fine, and then another car with broken windows. It was a level of excitement that I had never experienced, and I will be very happy if I don't have to experience it again."

#2 AMA

AMA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:01 AM

interesting

#3 esa

esa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:19 PM

The tornados touched down two blocks from my office. It looks pretty devastated. No one seriously hurt though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users