Photo
- - - - -

Don't post names of laser docs/clinics. Report it if you see it done.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Rebecca Petris

Rebecca Petris

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 12:23 PM

Posting names of laser surgeons or clinics is prohibited on D'Eyealogues.

There are two reasons:
1) We do not want the risks associated with defamation.
2) We do not want the risk of marketers and others infiltrating the board, posing as patients and promoting their business.

The ONLY exceptions permitted are about therapeutic treatments for people with complications.

At least twice quite recently I have had to remove or edit posts by a couple of different users referring to the same UK clinic.

This kind of thing can happen unintentionally, especially posts by people who do not read the rules before they post, so I hesitate to get really drastic. I either edit or remove the posts when I see them. But if I think someone's doing it intentionally to promote their clinic, and especially if it's a new user who doesn't seem to have any other legitimate reason for being here on our board serving primarily the complications patients, I will not hesitate to ban the user immediately.

Please, to keep the board safe, help us keep dr/clinic names off it by clicking the little exclamation point that appears at the top right of posts when you see a laser clinic or doctor named in a post.

Thanks everyone.
  • woodhzsq and Skinignergo like this
Rebecca Petris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users