PM versus e-mail contacts here?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mary kenny badami

mary kenny badami

• Moderators
  • 212 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 10:52 AM

Netiquette question: just curious. I'm one of the people who has given permission in my profile to be contacted via both Private Messages and e-mail. If someone else has specified only one of those options, no problem: I attempt to contact them via the option they selected. But if someone has allowed BOTH for Private Messages and for e-mail contact, which might be the preferable first choice if I want to contact them? I've been opting to use e-mail, thinking that folks could read such without being logged in to the forum. But an online acquaintance has been choosing the PM route, thinking that the box in the upper-right-hand corner of this forum will be more noticeable. I've heard back from folks via both methods who hadn't noticed a PM or an e-mail for a while, and offered apologies for the delay in reading/ replying. Also I hadn't wanted to send a message using both means of contact, feeling that someone might feel plagued to receive the exact same message via both PM and e-mail. I know that this isn't the most important question in the history of the world, but I wonder what others choose to do, or to recommend (and why). Thanks!
mary kenny badami

#2 kurt

kurt

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 593 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 12:28 PM

But if someone has allowed BOTH for Private Messages and for e-mail contact, which might be the preferable first choice if I want to contact them?
I've been opting to use e-mail, thinking that folks could read such without being logged in to the forum.

Prefer Email over PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users